The Coperion and Coperion K-Tron test labs for material handling are some of the most advanced facilities in the world for studying bulk solids handling and processing. Test labs are located in Weingarten, Germany and Salina, Kansas, USA.
the test lab in Weingarten, germany
Creativity meets innovative power – the Coperion test lab in Weingarten is the experimental ground on which we test future applications in a production plant, such as the properties of your new bulk materials and the optimum conveying mode. Our test lab provides excellent facilities for extensive tests, starting with the laboratory analyses through to trials on an industrial scale across all process stages. Our continuous development work often produces innovations which secure our technological leadership and the resulting success of our customers.
- Over 50 conveying and elutriating systems for testing bulk materials handling characteristics
- More than 800 m [2,625 ft] of conveying line for trials
- Up to 200 t/h [440,900 lb/h] conveying capacity
- Affiliated laboratories for immediate analysis of the trial results
- Archive with over 10,000 bulk materials samples
- Development of in-house test equipment and simulations
The test lab in salina, ks, usa
Kansas State University Bulk Solids Innovation Center
The Kansas State University Bulk Solids Innovation Center (two-story 13,000 ft² / 1,208 m² building) opened its doors in 2015 and is used to study and develop the understanding of bulk solid materials handling. This university-level research center is the only one of its kind in North America and will serve as the home of the Materials Handling Test Lab for Coperion and Coperion K-Tron in the Americas.
- Research areas - six laboratories for university and industry sponsored research
- Material properties test lab - bulk solid and particle properties will be evaluated and modeled in a test bench environment
- Full scale bulk solids test bay - full scale systems to include: vacuum and pressure dilute phase, vacuum sequencing, vacuum and pressure vessel dense phase, rotary valve dense phase, batch weighing, silo zone blender, gravity flow, air filtration, feeding, mixing and silo storage
More Information: Bulk Solids Innovation Center